Sure, here is some information about snowfall in Shimla and Manali:
- Shimla: Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh, is a popular hill station that receives snowfall from December to February. The first snowfall of the season in Shimla this year was on January 4, 2024, and it was the heaviest snowfall in the last 10 years. Some of the areas that received the most snowfall were Kufri (75 cm), Narkanda (60 cm), and Mashobra (50 cm).
- Manali: Manali is another popular hill station in Himachal Pradesh that is known for its skiing and snowboarding.The first snowfall of the season in Manali this year was on December 25, 2023. The snowfall has been light so far this season, but there is a chance of more snowfall in the coming weeks.
If you are planning to visit Shimla or Manali during the winter season, be sure to pack warm clothes and shoes. You may also want to consider bringing snow chains for your car, as some roads may be closed due to snowfall.
Here are some additional tips for planning a winter trip to Shimla or Manali:
- Book your accommodations well in advance, as hotels tend to fill up quickly during the peak season.
- Check the weather forecast before you go, so you can pack accordingly.
- Be aware of the possibility of road closures due to snowfall.
- Allow extra time for travel, as roads may be slower in the winter.
- Enjoy the beautiful winter scenery!